Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Slowly I am going through my pre-Thailand checklist...

-purchase good Swiss Army Knife - CHECK
-line up CouchSurfing hosts for when I first arrive in Thailand - CHECK
(P.S. - CouchSurfing is one of my favorite things... check out why: http://www.couchsurfing.org)
-make a prayer rope to begin a routine of saying the Jesus Prayer (Eastern Orthodox tradition that I appreciate) - CHECK
-vaccinations and medications - CHECK (I think?)
-make plans with Thai friends - ONGOING
-write long-term plan for teaching ESL - NOT BEGUN
-practice bowed psaltery, so I don't make all the IDPs' ears quiver with the equivalent sound of a five year old on bagpipes - ONGOING
-unpack - ONGOING
-organize - ONGOING
-pack - does this really have to happen?
-study for the GRE - seriously? I've been saying this for several summers in a row: #1 Reason to Study Overseas
-write first "update" to my e-mail list to check that all e-mails are correct and working - CURRENTLY PROCRASTINATING BY WRITING THIS BLOG

In the meanwhile, if you would like to be on my e-mail updates, please send me your e-mail address, and I will add you. My internet access will likely be quite limited, making a lot of individual e-mails challenging. However, there are things that I will not be posting in this blog that I will be e-mailing.

No comments: